The Mission of the Honors Program in the College of Education and Health Professions is to:
- Establish and maintain an honors community of learning that is intellectually challenging, personally and culturally enriching, and fosters learning and discovery through independent and collaborative inquiry.
- Allow students to be creative, inquisitive and think outside the box.
- Support student research and analysis of ideas.
- Support student academic ventures through mentoring, travel, and supplies when presenting work at undergraduate research symposia.
- Challenge students to connect the classroom with the larger world by expanding social and cultural experiences and promoting leadership.
- Prepare students for admission to and success within graduate and professional schools in the United States and abroad.